Harbour Island is serviced by the North Eleuthera Airport, Bahamas (Airport Code: ELH), which is two miles away by water. You can fly directly to North Eleuthra from Miami, Fort Lauderdale or Nassau by frequent air commuter and charter services and as well by a “Fast Ferry” from Nassau, which departs once daily. From North Eleuthera's Three Island Dock a quick water taxi will take you to the government dock on Harbour Island.
Flights from Miami and
Ft. Lauderdale To North Eleuthera (ELH)
· Continental Airlines operates a regional service through Gulfstream Airlines (a 22 passenger Beech 1900 aircraft) that flies direct from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale www.continental.com, (800.231.0856).
· US Airways operates direct round trip service daily from Miami every afternoon on a 38 passenger Dash 8. www.usair.com, (800.428.4322).
· Commuter Airlines include Twin Air from Ft. Lauderdale (954.359.8266),
Yellow Air Taxi from Ft. Lauderdale (1-888-yellow-4) www.flyyellowairtaxi.com
Flights from Nassau to
· Southern Air currently operates flights at 7:00 a.m, 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. (242) 323-7217/323-6833).
· Bahamas Air is another option, although not as reliable (800.222.4262).
·The Travel Club operates a Executive charter service (242-362-1618) www.thetravelclubltd.com.
Ferry from Nassau to
Tips for traveling from New York City
Delta (www.delta.com) usually offers early morning departures from LaGuardia to Nassau and late afternoon return flights. Continental (www.continental.com) has regularly scheduled flights out of Newark and LaGuardia, to Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and Nassau. Jet Blue (www.jetblue.com) and Spirit Airlines (www.spiritair.com) also fly to Ft. Lauderdale.
Note: All schedules and times are subject to change.
Please check with airline or boat for most recent information.
Once you have arrived at the government dock on Harbour Island you can take a taxi (a few dollars) to the Royal Palm Hotel, which is on Clarence and Dunmore St.